Think Local, Act Global

Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Friday, May 24, 2013

One Month.

One month. One month left in Michigan. One month left in the United States. One month left with my friends and family. I still don't think the sheer magnitude of all this has sunk in yet. It's getting there, though.

I just got off the phone with the agency the Peace Corps contracts with to book my flight to Philly. I'm departing from MBS at 8:00 AM on June 25th. I have a short layover in Detroit and then its on to Philly for Peace Corps Staging. 

Staging functions as sort of a brief orientation to the Peace Corps. It takes place in the United States - mine is going to be in Philadelphia, PA. We (as in me and the rest of Swaziland Group 11) will spend a day being introduced to Peace Corps rules and regulations, finishing last-minute paperwork and meeting one another. I'm definitely looking forward to meeting everyone. These are the people I'm going to be spending the next 27 months with. From the limited interactions with them that I've had through Facebook, they seem like a pretty awesome group of people! 

For now, I'm just trying to get a rough idea of what I'm taking, what I need to buy here, what can wait to be bought or sent to me over there, etc. It's a little overwhelming, but I'm segmenting it and just tackling it bit by bit. 

Until next time... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment